[foundation-board] CKAN licence?

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:00:28 UTC 2011

On 26 August 2011 22:21, Jason Kitcat <jason.kitcat at okfn.org> wrote:

> On 26 Aug 2011, at 18:00, Ben Laurie wrote:
>> The impedance mismatch, it seems to me, is around what a committer is
>> in the OKF. The rest would seem to fit quite naturally.
>

> That has always been the main issue in my mind when ASF-type models are considered for the OKF. Our working groups are core to our community but their membership is not equivalent to committers in a software project, nor is participation so easy to define/measure unless we start counting emails which is a very crude measure.

Yes, I agree this seems like the central knot of the problem. Ben, you
mentioned that a few others had progressed towards membership of ASF
based on activities beyond committing. Is there anything we can learn
or model from based on how this happened?

Jordan's right - this is exactly the sort of experience we hoped you'd
bring to the Board, so many thanks for starting this thread...

Becky