[foundation-board] Knight grant contract

Martin Keegan martin at no.ucant.org
Wed Dec 7 14:20:08 UTC 2011

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011, Martin Keegan wrote:

> > >From this contract, it looks like the latter (from the final para "The
> > $15,000 cost of the fiscal agency will come out of grant funds and has
> > been added to the grant amount." Total grant is for $265,000). I'm
>
> That's correct.

[replying to myself here].

> > happy for OKF to sign this, subject to satisfactory explanation of
> > browser plugin issue James has raised.
>
> The terms "browser plugin" and "embeddable widgets" result from a few
> rounds of redrafting. I've spoken to and written to Knight to get them to
> include a reference to this in the side letter, acknowledging how the
> terms should fit together.

Ok. I sought clarification from Knight about the paperwork and amiguities.

They've sent a side letter permitting the use of our preferred licence and
interpretation of the terminology above; I've attached this.

I've also attached the two documents we need to sign[*].  One is the
proposed contract with the fiscal sponsor (called "Tides Center"). The
other is the grant agreement between Knight and the fiscal sponsor, which
they'd like us to sign in acknowledgement, despite not being a party to
it. The former passes on to us various obligations imposed by the latter.

Please have another look at these documents

Mk

[*] They both incorporate the document I circulated earlier, which I had
taken to be one of the items needing a signature, as I was confused by the
terminology.