[foundation-board] Knight grant contract

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 15:12:15 UTC 2011

On 7 December 2011 14:34, Ben Laurie <ben at links.org> wrote:

>>> That's correct.
>>
>> [replying to myself here].

>>> The terms "browser plugin" and "embeddable widgets" result from a few
>>> rounds of redrafting. I've spoken to and written to Knight to get them to
>>> include a reference to this in the side letter, acknowledging how the
>>> terms should fit together.
>>
>> Ok. I sought clarification from Knight about the paperwork and amiguities.
>>
>> They've sent a side letter permitting the use of our preferred licence and
>> interpretation of the terminology above; I've attached this.
>
> Well, this prompts me to raise the question again: why is the AGPL our
> preferred licence? Would they be happy with a BSD or Apache licence?

Can we continue this discussion on a separate mail thread or at next
week's Board meeting? I found the discussion you prompted on this on
the email labelled "CKAN licence" very helpful, but I don't think it's
useful to divert a discussion about contracts into one about licences.

I'm hoping Jason will put up and agenda page on the Board wiki soon so
we can start listing items we want to discuss at the meeting.

Cheers

Becky