[foundation-board] Benchmarking the OKF's activities

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 17:04:32 UTC 2011

Great intervention, Jonathan (+++1! from me). Also support Jo's
response, and your feelings on sustainability re the surplus. More
inline...

On 9 February 2011 11:36, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:

>  * we already track money pretty well, I understand, in Xero

Up to a point, but Xero is currently not very helpful at projecting
future income and expenditure and we've been struggling to use it to
make meaningful business plans. This in particular is something I'm
hoping that Jason can pull together.

> Perhaps Jason or I could be tasked with starting an informal
> internal-information gathering unit, and reporting this to board and
> coord group?

+1

 I think some of this (i.e. a tiny bit, not going crazy)
> would be very useful for decision making and strategy in the medium
> and long term.

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

Thanks, Jonathan!

Becky