[foundation-board] Revised accounts (fwd)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Feb 26 11:57:44 UTC 2011

Just to let everyone know the accounts, after some digital trials and
tribulations, have been submitted successfully to companies house. I've also
paid our Corporation Tax and arranged with Urban Ledgers to submit our CT600
(for an additional £100 + VAT).

A big thank-you to everyone, and especially Martin who did a great job
double-check and chatting with Urban Ledgers.

Next year, with Xero in place, we're going to be submitting 6 months in
advance of the deadline! (NB: we did send stuff to UL in early Dec but they
were very busy Dec-Feb).

Rufus

PS: notes for anyone else submitting to CH in the future: a) you need adobe
acrobat and not any old pdf viewer b) it submits over its own ssl connection
and initially will constantly fail saying stuff like:

SSL Error!!!. Please install the CA Certificate(s) for SSL communication.
If certificate resides on local disk, try "acroread -installCertificate
[-PEM|-DER] [pathname]" on the command line.
If certificate resides on the server, try "acroread -installCertificate
ewf.companieshouse.gov.uk 443" on command line.

You can import the CH certificate to your heart's content and it still won't
work. After much annoyance, consideration of snail-mail as an option, and
fruitless googling you will work out (if lucky) that the problem is that we
haven't imported *all* of the certificates (from CH certificate up to the
root authority). Go to CH website, look up their certificate, export all
certificates in the hierarchy, and hey presto it works ...

On 25 February 2011 18:36, Jordan S Hatcher <jordan at opencontentlawyer.com>wrote:

> I rescind the previous approval and approve the attached accounts.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jordan
>
> On 25 Feb 2011, at 11:41, Martin Keegan wrote:
>

> Hello all,
>
> please find attached a revised set of accounts, which take into account
> liability for corporation tax.
>
> Please have a look over these.
>
> I'd invite the Board to resolve that we resolve to:
>

> approve the attached set of revised accounts, and rescind approval of any
> previously approved accounts covering the same period.
>

> Mk
> Hi Rufus and Mar tin,
>
> Please find attached the updated accounts, containing a small p rovision
> for CT as discussed.
>
> Please let me know if you have any queries (email is probably best as in
> meetings most of tomorrow).
>
> Kind regards,
> Catherine
>
> --
> Catherine Davis*Managing Director* *M*0795 808 5386*T
> *
> 0207 700 0355*F *020 7 700 3722 *W* www.urbanledgers.co.uk
>

> <Abbreviated accounts YE 31052010 v4.pdf><OKFN Statutory YE 31052010

> ____
> Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM
>
> More at: <http://www.jordanhatcher.com>
> Co-founder:  <http://www.opendatacommons.org>