[foundation-board] Resignation and thanks

Jo Walsh metazool at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 11:03:42 UTC 2011

Dear board and core team,

With relief, regret and a sense of inevitability, I wish to resign as a
director of Open Knowledge Foundation Limited. Please let me know what
process I need to go through to make this complete.

I'd like to stay on the advisory board and have a voice in this strategy
committee that is taking shape. I'll take a break for a few months though,
and would like to start an Open Scholarship project after the summer, if the
momentum builds up.

Would like to urge the topic of recruiting new directors, with two aims -
that the makeup of the Board become more international, and that include
people with experience in scaling up and managing large non-profit
organisations.

Martin kindly suggested that a way to keep organisations to their
commitments is for people like me to stick around. Makes sense.

The only person jumps to mind here is Javier de la Cueva. Look him up, a
geek micro-celebrity and digital rights lawyer in Spain.

Was great to see everyone gathered in Berlin and to meet the new faces...

Be well, everyone.