[foundation-board] Guidelines for redacting the Board minutes

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Mar 9 16:42:03 UTC 2011

I'm happy. Only change may be around 'libellous' (suggests we
regularly say libellous things -- perhaps phrase as; "redact specific
opinions offered on other groups or persons unless specifically
requested for these to be included" (purpose - so people can speak
freely without worrying about upsetting people ...)

Rufus

On 9 March 2011 11:05, Becky Hogge <becky.hogge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> Great to catch up last night - here are the guidelines for redacting
> the minutes I sent around a few months ago - can people check they're
> happy with them please? I'll post them up on the site at the beginning
> of next week.
>
> Shall I also take on responsibility for preparing the minutes for
> publication from yesterday's meeting?
>
> Cheers
>
> Becky
>>
>> Begin guidelines//
>>
>> Redacting the minutes - guideline
>> =========================
>>  * Concentrate on recording resolutions and actions.
>>  * Redact discussion points where they appear in the full minutes as
>> they rarely reflect the totality of discussion - record only that a
>> discussion took place, and the subject of that discussion.
>>  * Remove discussions about matters where the Board has been
>> approached in confidence.
>>  * Remove or redact discussions of individuals not on the Board of
>> Directors, unless those individuals have granted their specific
>> permission to be included.
>>  * Remove discussions of individuals and organisations that have a
>> good chance of being libellous.
>>  * Record the outcome of all items on the agenda, even if those items
>> were held over for discussion at a later date.
>>
>> //ends

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation