[foundation-board] Guidelines for redacting the Board minutes

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:56:57 UTC 2011

Sorry, originally responded to this off list by mistake:

On 9 March 2011 16:42, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> I'm happy. Only change may be around 'libellous' (suggests we
> regularly say libellous things -- perhaps phrase as; "redact specific
> opinions offered on other groups or persons unless specifically
> requested for these to be included" (purpose - so people can speak
> freely without worrying about upsetting people ...)

Can you be clearer what you mean by "unless specifically requested for
these to be included"? Requested by who?

I'm not sure I share your concern that talking about libel makes it
sound like we are routinely libellous. In terms of risk to an
organisation, libel is probably the most serious issue around
publishing anything in the UK today, so I would think people would
expect us to be thinking about it, not judge us for thinking about it.