[foundation-board] Big review of OKF finances, contracts, HR, etc?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon May 23 18:05:00 UTC 2011

Hi Jason,

When I was in Brighton we discussed that you'd be able to consolidate
your findings from your 6 month review of all OKF finances, contracts,
HR, etc into a big dossier on how we're doing for the board, to be
ready in time for (preferably a week or two before) OKCon 2011 in
Berlin.

In my mind this should be a single internal document for the board
which includes an executive summary and numbers/comments on things
like:

  * Total income and outgoings
  * Total person days/hours
  * Total number of people on payroll and who is paying for them

As well as some basic analysis, questions or discussion based on your
work on this area. E.g. on things like OKF's financial health,
financial strategy, any patterns, observations or thoughts on how we
should move forward.

Some questions:

  * Jason: are you happy to do this still? Any thoughts on scope,
timeframe, etc?
  * All: does this sound sensible? Any more things to add?

I think it would be worth doing this annually or even bi-annually. My
guess would be this gets easier once you've done it once. Then
hopefully we can start keeping finances, contracts etc, under 0.5 days
per week - and start to do other stuff for the rest of the 2.5 days!
;-)

Sound like a plan?

J.

--