[foundation-board] Omidyar prep esp FAO Becky!

paula le dieu paula at ledieu.org
Wed May 25 10:17:42 UTC 2011

Thanks Rufus

This is tremendously exciting. Unfortunately I can't join the meeting on the
8th June as I will be in Sheffield at Docfest however depending on the time
I could possible join the phone con on Monday 13th if that is useful.

One immediate thought about the fund phasing - normally I would phase it so
that year 1 is the heaviest funding year with the funding decreasing each
subsequent year. The idea being that you are driving towards change that
will be front loaded and lead to a more sustainable, independent
organisation that has less need for support. I have very little recent
experience with Omidyar so look to those that have more experience of what
they might prefer? Becky? My now very old experience (way back in CC days)
is that they are not interested in supporting an organisation but are
interested in super charging an organisation - they wanted evidence of how
the investment would lead to tangible outcomes. Again - you have been
speaking with these folks so will certainly have a better sense of what they
are looking for so feel free to ignore if inappropriate.

Very happy to feed back on slide deck - ping me when you are ready.