[foundation-board] Tweaking my job title to help people understand what I'm here for!

Jason Kitcat jason.kitcat at okfn.org
Sat May 28 15:39:02 UTC 2011

On 26 May 2011, at 15:45, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> Just catching up with this thread - I spoke with Rufus about this in
> Budapest a little while ago and we thought "Operations Manager" might
> be a better fit? Given our discussions over the past few weeks it
> seems clearer that the role will be mostly focused on finance,
> contracts, funding, and strategy in these areas - rather than
> coordination of the Foundation's activities overall. Trying to keep up
> with, let alone coordinate the latter, would probably require more
> time than Jason, qua councillor, probably has at the moment! The only
> reason this matters - is that I don't want to give the impression that
> Jason will or should know about all the things the OKF is currently up
> to. I imagine his role will be focusing on the OKF's financial health,
> HR, limited oversight on specific paid projects (e.g. LOD2), and so
> on.
>
> Jason, all: what do you think?

Personally I don't think "Operations Manager" is appropriate, and I've also detected an OKF aversion to the use of the term "manager" which we should continue to stick with.

I think let's see how "Foundation Coordinator" goes. I've been using it all of a week or two; we can always review again in a few months.

All the best,
Jason