[foundation-board] Engagement of a new (additional) Foundation Coordinator

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Nov 2 12:08:38 UTC 2011

As some board members are aware (especially Becky who is informal
liason on this) Jason has found himself increasingly busy while, at
the same time, the responsibilities of the Foundation Coordinator have
increased. There have therefore been discussions about hiring a new
Foundation Coordinator who we would hope could be close to full time
(I emphasize that Jason would still stay on at least for a period but
would likely reduce his time to 1-2d a week).

We are already engaged in a very significant hiring process (see
http://okfn.org/jobs) and so I was somewhat wary of engaging in
another major hiring process for Foundation Coordinator. Thus, I was
fortunate to discover that Laura James who interviewed for the post
last year, and to whom we offered the position (along with Jason -- we
wanted to hire both!), is becoming available again having finished her
current stint at a startup.

Laura is currently available around 1d a week but this should rise to
3-4 and possibly more by January. I've spoken with her and she is
willing to come on board. I would therefore like to check with the
Board that there is no problem in going ahead and engaging her as a
new Foundation Coordinator -- complementing (and to some extent
replacing) Jason who now has very limited time.