[foundation-board] Next Board meeting...?

Jason Kitcat jason.kitcat at okfn.org
Mon Sep 12 11:13:41 UTC 2011

On 12 Sep 2011, at 11:25, Ben Laurie wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Jason Kitcat <jason.kitcat at okfn.org> wrote:
>>
>> Apologies I should have been clearer. As I understand it this meeting would be virtual via Skype. Looking back meetings tend to be an hour or two.
>
> Hmm. I don't do Skype, either (proprietary IM protocols are not my thing).

Ben - If you can solve our telecoms challenges for us you will earn immediate legend status.

The challenge is the very diverse set of users we have - many of whom are not coders/geeks/techies and so many proposed solutions just do not work for them. A low barrier of entry is vital to ensure online meetings work for OKF.

We have had many, many, many long email threads about free/open options and none have yet succeeded in ousting Skype.

So - any ideas?! :-)

Thanks,
Jason

--