[foundation-board] Fast approval needed: OSI Grant Agreement for €20k

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Sep 13 22:14:55 UTC 2011

On 13 September 2011 20:34, Jordan S Hatcher
<jordan at opencontentlawyer.com> wrote:

> On 12 Sep 2011, at 10:55, Jason Kitcat wrote:
>

>> On 12 Sep 2011, at 08:48, Becky Hogge wrote:
>>> It looks like this grant is for OKF Deutschland - don't they have
>>> their own Board? Why are we signing this off?
>>
>> It is for OKF central but OKF DE will administer the funds for quick turn-around.

Long story short: (IMO) there was a minor confusion -- the money
should have just come to us. However we ended up putting OKF-De bank
details because amount was in euros and we think they may handle
disbursing some of the money.

However, the money is contracted to OKF central.

> I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what that means.  If it is meant to go to OKF-DE, then they need to handle it do we not?

It is only going to their bank account. Legally the money goes to OKF
central and OKF-DE are only holding it on OKF central's behalf.

> If we are receiving the money, then it needs to go to us. We can then contract OKF-DE to do the work can we not?

Whether we subcontract or not (or whether they disburse monies on our
behalf or not) the central point is the money is OKF central's money
and OKF DE are only holding it on OKF Central's behalf (it is not
their money).

Rufus

> Thanks
>
> Jordan