[foundation-board] On performance reviews...

Ben Laurie ben at links.org
Wed Jun 13 09:43:31 UTC 2012

I realise that the Google way of doing things is probably not possible
in full, but it does seem to me that incorporating peer reviews into
the process would be a good idea.

At Google, these are fed to the promotion committee (I think we would
not have those), the manager and the employee (after the review is
complete). There's a place for a peer reviewer to write stuff _not_ to
be shown to the employee, in case they want to be brutally honest :-)

We also have upward reviews - and last time I had my own company, we
did it there, too. i.e. people who share a manager produce anonymised
group feedback for that manager (and their manager, of course).