[foundation-board] [priority] Update from Gavin Starks

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Sep 7 08:51:22 UTC 2012

Hi All,

*Note: all discussion on this board list is by default confidential but I
would emphasize that this is especially so!*

As you all know Gavin has just joined the board. He talked with me
Wednesday with some great news, namely that he has been selected to be the *CEO
of the newly formed Open Data Institute*. However, as Gavin discusses in
his email below, this also some *raises some questions vis-a-vis his role
as a board member with the Open Knowledge Foundation* (Gavin has requested
I forward this email to this list by the way!).

Having reflected on Gavin's email and discussed briefly with a couple of
board members (Martin and Becky) *I incline strongly towards Gavin's
proposal for a way forward* (set of points after "assume positive benefits
and efficiencies ...").

I am hopeful that any issues can be dealt with and the initial 6-month
period gives us an assessment period to evaluate.

Modulo any further discussion on the issue here, Gavin will be attending (I
believe) the board meeting on Tuesday and we can discuss this further then.
However, *prior reflection, and possibly discussion here, would help
expedite discussion on Tuesday* (when we may be time-constrained).

Regards,

Rufus