[foundation-board] Open Knowledge Foundation Board Calendar and some upcoming dates

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Dec 10 15:21:29 UTC 2013

Dear Board Members,

I understand from some board members that our regular "*18:30-20:30 first
tuesday of every month*" slot for Open Knowledge Foundation board matters
has *not** made it into the diary*.

To assist here we plan:

* EITHER: to create a *Board calendar *which will be shared with you all
and which will incorporate all these meetings and other important dates
* OR: send *specific calendar invites* (this is what we have been doing
until now)

I would like to ask board members *their preference on these options* so as
to maximize the likelihood of these dates making it into your calendar tool
:-)

In addition I note immediately 2 important dates:

*Open Knowledge Foundation Team Summit*
16-17 January 2014, Cambridge, UK

Board members are not required or expected to attend but if they are
available this is a great opportunity to meet the staff and management
team. It is quite possible to come just for part of an afternoon.

*Open Knowledge Festival*
15-18 July 2014, Berlin

This is our annual international conference. 2014 is our 10th anniversary
and this will be our largest event yet. We would welcome board member
presence here - this is not only an opportunity to meet our broader
community but also a chance to talk with funders, partners and other key
strategic players in our space.

Regards,

* Rufus Pollock Founder and Executive Director | skype: rufuspollock |
@rufuspollock <https://twitter.com/rufuspollock> The Open Knowledge
Foundation <http://okfn.org/> Empowering through Open Knowledge
http://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKF
on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |  Blog