[foundation-board] Notes and actions from September board meeting

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Thu Sep 12 18:02:24 UTC 2013

All,

Agreed terms of reference for the board attached.* If there are no
objections in the next week I will publish these (minus the appendix) on
our board webpages. *
*
*
*Interviews of potential board members:*

Karin and James: Chris Marshall  clmarshall at uk.ibm.com

Karin and Paula: Tom Cobbold  tomcobbold at yahoo.co.uk

I've let Chris and Tom know that you will be in touch. If we can get these
sorted in time to have them on board in advance of November's board meeting
(ideally for a finance meeting in advance of that!) that would be great.

Karin will close with Helen Turvey.

*Board minutes* for July posted online:

http://okfn.org/governance/meetings/2013-07-09/

*Notes and draft minutes *for September attached FYI.

*Actions from board meeting:*

   -

   LJ/RP to source and put into effect conflict of interest form
   -

   LJ to document new Terms of reference for board
   -

   LJ to send contact details for potential 2 finance board members to
   relevant interviewers
   -

   LJ/RP/KC to discuss organisational metrics, following July retreat
   -

   LJ/RP to prepare new style of board materials for November meeting,
   including strategic goals and activities to deliver them and status of same
   - LJ/RP to prepare more specific “emergency fund” proposal including
   plan for creating it
   - KC to close with Helen Turvey

Best regards,

Laura