[foundation-board] Action needed: approval of annual accounts and call tomorrow

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Tue Feb 11 18:55:22 UTC 2014

All,

We have now received the final accounts from Buzzacott for the year to May
31 2013. I attach the accounts and the Letter of representation.  The
accounts are not substantially changed from previous drafts, although we
now set aside funds to cover the potential liability for HMRC VAT and the
EC projects ("Provisions", §7), bringing the year in at a deficit of £44k
and therefore bringing our accumulated reserves down to £30k.

I am aware we are quite close to deadline for filing the accounts (end of
Feb) and a paper signature will be required from a Director once the
accounts are approved by the board so some little time needs to be
available for that.

For those new to the board, there are two ways of making a decision. One is
a board meeting, where a majority must vote in favour. The alternative is a
decision "on list" where a unanimous vote is required.

At 6:30pm GMT tomorrow we'll have our regular "informal call" slot (a
hangout link will be sent shortly before the call).  *If one of the board
care to call (in reply to this email) to convert this into a proper
meeting, attending board members can review (and, I hope, approve) the
accounts on the call tomorrow. If not, the call will be the usual informal
call and each of you will need to reply to this email to approve the
accounts *(or to raise any concerns you may have with them).

If there are any questions or concerns about the accounts please let me
know asap!

Once the accounts are approved I will arrange for one of you to sign the
paper copy.

Best regards,

Laura

--