[foundation-board] New funder: The Sigrid Rausing Trust

Pavel Richter pavel.richter at okfn.org
Wed Dec 9 10:48:28 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I would like to share some great news: The Sigrid Rausing Trust
<https://www.sigrid-rausing-trust.org/> just informed me that they accepted
our proposal for funding and are awarding Open Knowledge International
75.000 GBP of unrestricted funding for 2016.

The Rausing Trust is known for its long-term relationships with grantees,
and they are a key organization when it comes to unrestricted funding.

They are also really selective of who they fund (proposals are by
invitation only); so them accepting us is a great achievement by: you! It
reflects on the great work that all of you have done for Open Knowledge
International in the past, and it is a good indicator that we are on the
right track as an organization.

Thank you!

Just one final note: Please do not share this news outside of the
organization (Twitter / Facebook, etc). The Rausing Trust has asked us to
coordinate any media announcement of this grant with them. We will talk
about the grant sometime early next year in public.

--
Kind regards

Pavel Richter
CEO