[foundation-board] OKFN Board meeting 14 Jan 2015: Call for agenda items

Tom Cobbold tomcobbold at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 13:26:18 UTC 2015

Hi Fiona, hello all -

Happy New Year to you all.

I’m good for next Wednesday.  I may have a very mild case of wine tasting fatigue as I’ll be attending a Burgundy tasting during the early afternoon that day, however I shan’t arrive impaired to operate the heavy machinery commonly found around the table.

Fiona:-
- I’m keen to contribute in advance if practicable - perhaps we might have a finance subcommittee meeting prior, to advance agenda point 2 ?
- Do you have 2014 draft financials ?
- How far along have Buzzacott got with audit ?
- Also, a set of up to date management accounts would be highly apropos for the board to review before next week’s meeting.  How ‘tight' would you say the management accounts since year end are by now (are we as far up to date as November and … December?), did the intervention of Michael Kyriakides, the interim accountant Laura hired to help, bring us fully up to date, or was his work mainly focused on tidying the 2014 year end ?
- Do you know how Michelle's getting along, I’m trying to reach her this week to enquire myself ?

All:-
We used to see accounts every month, but I can’t recall seeing any since something like mid 2014.  We all know how resource came to be thin, with Michelle leading on other things and then her unfortunate health, but I would guess and hope we’re coming pretty up to date by now.  I’m still keen to champion that the Exec and Board be furnished with forward looking instruments above and beyond historical management accounts too - things like cash-flow forecasts with FX requirements clearly laid out, orderbooks, WIP assessments / utilisation reports, sales pipelines, forward resource application charts and such like.  Nonprofit or otherwise, I think such husbandry is for the betterment of our effectiveness, and a power of good to the Exec and Board in terms of inflight instrumentation.

I’m keen to reiterate a desire to contribute towards such MI and generally be a brilliant Financial Controller type of asset.  I can be pretty generous with my time right now, and my rates are always very favourable, so I’m told !

Kind regards,
Tom

Tom Cobbold FCCA
36 Castle Street, Saffron Walden, CB10 1BJ
M 07968 324935 E tomcobbold at yahoo.co.uk S tomcobbold