[foundation-board] Fwd: Little Lillies update

Pavel Richter pavel.richter at okfn.org
Wed Nov 2 11:30:31 UTC 2016

Dear Board, an update from Naomi!

P.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pavel Richter <pavel.richter at okfn.org>
Date: 2 November 2016 at 12:30
Subject: Fwd: Little Lillies update
To: All staff <all-staff at okfn.org>

Dear all,

An update from Naomi!

P.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Naomi Lillie <naomilillie at gmail.com>
Date: 30 October 2016 at 23:41
Subject: Little Lillies update

Dear all,

Greetings from this new mum-of-twins, writing from the sofa, supermarket
café, park & other places in between (& mainly during) parent duties.

The boys are nearly 4 months old now which is ridiculous!! We spent the
first 3 months in a zombie-like state as we adjusted to very little sleep
and constant demand - I mean, I thought OKFestival was tough ;-) It turns
out I can function on around 2.5 hours of sleep per night for more than 2
weeks, but it ain't pretty...!

Samuel & Benjamim, however, are totally gorgeous. They've started smiling &
starting to make talking noises, & their dad & I are utterly enchanted.
They have lots of actual and honourary relatives who come round to give me
some help (usually by taking them out in the buggy so I can sleep / shower
/ eat / do another round of washing of tiny clothes, etc) who all dote on
them too. They manage to cause a scene wherever they go - I get quite
offended when we've been out for more than half an hour without someone
exclaiming over them (my usual answers: "nearly 4 months now / both boys /
no not identical, but similar / yes, hard work, but worth it / thank you, I
think so too").

This is definitely the hardest thing I've ever done, & I'm struggling with
all sorts of aspects besides sleep deprivation, including missing adult
conversation, time to myself for more than a rushed loo visit, etc; however
I wouldn't swap the twins for any of that and am amazed by these little
humans who can barely hold their heads up and yet have so much personality
and can communicate so much. If I sound besotted, I am, and make no
apology!!

Attached is an attempt at a family portrait that went a little awry - Sam
must have thought we didn't have his best angle, or something. I'll try to
get a better one at some point.

Update: I got back from our first overnight trip away, staying with
Ranald's parents, to your card & gift - thank you so much, I'm so touched
by your message & blown away by your generosity. I've no idea what the gift
voucher will be used for but we'll let you know when we've worked it out -
there are plenty of options & it'll be be nice to treat the four of us!

Also since writing that, the cutest little baby vests arrived - hahaha...
Brilliant :-D I'll make sure they're in the picture I send over to you.

Thank you guys, you're the best - I do miss you (when I get the chance!!)
and will keep you posted re how I'm getting on. Hopefully the updates will
be a bit more regular now I'm a little more able to put sentences together
:-)

Regards / best wishes / big hugs [delete as appropriate],
Naomi x

--
Kind regards

Pavel Richter