[foundation-board] Introduction to the Collaborative Knowledge Foundation

Paul Walsh paul.walsh at okfn.org
Fri Oct 20 05:25:23 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

As I explore opportunities around Frictionless Data, particular in the open
science space, I regularly encounter the Collaborative Knowledge Foundation
<https://coko.foundation/> (Coko). In some cases, it appears that they are
funding work; in others, they are more like Open Knowledge International
and executing on projects. My understanding is that they do limited funding
via smaller grants, but are more of an org like OKI.

There are two points that I would like to ask to the board for support on
(or, more specifically, Helen, due to the Shuttleworth connection):

1. A few paragraphs context on what we know about Coko, or, a 10 minute
chat.

2. An introduction so I can establish a relationship. I'm going to FORCE2017
<https://www.force2017.org/> Wednesday next week to meet Josh from Sloan,
and I would like to meet others there too. Coko is a sponsor of FORCE2017.

Thanks in advance,

Paul