[foundation-board] OKI board recruitment - update & issues for decision

Jane Silber jane.e.silber at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:04:14 UTC 2018

Hi -

Looks like there's a strong field to choose from - well done to Karin
and Tim.

I'm a little confused about how to respond to be honest.  Karin says
"Ideally we would obviously have both of you talk to all of them", but
I'm not sure why that is ideal.  In my experience the value of further
interviews declines dramatically after the first couple- little new
information is learned, the candidate generally just repeats things
already said, and it slows the process. If the goal is to give me a
chance to input or to get my buy in or to allow me to sign off on the
new board members, thank you! I appreciate that. But you've already got
my buy in/sign off and I trust the combined wisdom of Karin and Tim.

If there's a tough call between 2 candidates and would like help
breaking a tie, I'd be happy to help out. But I'm not sure I see value
in my interviewing all the candidates the rest of the Board already
prefers, particularly given my pending departure.

Let me know if I've gotten something wrong here

Thanks
Jane