[foundation-board] Proposal of candidates to the Board of Directors

Jane Silber jane.e.silber at gmail.com
Tue May 15 07:27:07 UTC 2018

I think all 6 of these sound like top-notch candidates and have a lot to
offer.  I think you all have done a tremendous job on this, and I know
it's been a significant amount of work.  Well done and thank you!

As for your specific questions,
1. As before, I think this is a good plan in terms of numbers.
2. I have no wish to veto any of them  If it helps speed the process, I
think you can judiciously choose who to get references for. E.g., I
can't imagine references for Rufus will add much to the picture, and
Irina may be in the same position.  You may also be willing to consider
my recommendation of Vanessa as a reference.
3. This is a tough one.  I think I would start with not paying anything
and aim for a combination of (a) remote participation and (b) non-London
members planning their work trips to coincide with Board mtgs (and you
being willing to plan Board mtgs around their work trips).  I am on a
non-profit Board in the US and am expected to pay my own travel expenses
(quarterly meetings and I can usually combine the trip with something
else). If that doesn't work and you need to move to payment, then given
the disparity in locations and possibly accommodation options (e.g, some
may have places to stay), perhaps you could consider a fixed amount that
they apply as necessary. I would make the amount relatively low - i.e,.
not intended to cover the furthest trip or a late booked flight. It is
more to take the edge off.

best,
Jane