[geo-discuss] draft open letter to ministers before conciliation / 3rd reading

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Aug 18 17:18:25 UTC 2006

dear Rufus, thankyou.
On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 07:34:45PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> Great work Jo. I've now taken a look at the letter and made some changes
>  -- all of style and none of substance. My one remaining suggestion is
> that we might want to cut the (now) penultimate paragraph regarding
> rejection. The letter is already pretty long and while I have nothing
> against the point it takes us off in yet another direction, moreover it
> doesn't seem to be something of immediate relevance compared to
> determining what position they will take on am 21 and 27.
>
> Other than that I think this is ready to go.

Okay, +1 on this. Benjamin, what are your plans re. getting copies of
a letter to Ministers? I guess we learned with the MEPs that a paper
letter works better than anything and in this case of asking questions
one has an external record of 'receipt'. Does this mean sending a
letter to each national ministry or do they also all have mailboxes in
Brussels for their behaviour as the Council?

jo