[geo-discuss] rejectinspire.org

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Tue Feb 14 15:33:12 UTC 2006

Garand <Michel.Garand at frankfurt-oder.de> [060214]:
> what is the alternative to inspire? to change it or do without it or

First, get rid of Inspire in its actual form. It is nearly impossible to
change it, since no amendments are possible in second reading, only
amendments voted by EP in first reading can be put forward. I need to
have a look at the amendments of 1st reading, but I did not see anything
about "Public Domain" or other copyleft licencing.

> what other type of legal instument can be used to insure among other
> thing free and accessible public spatial information?

Another directive, based on more research on the pro/cons of copylefted
geo data.

> Otherwise I can reserve it within a few minutes to hours depending on
> the traffic.

If you have a VISA card, i can borrow you some EUROS. I can efund you
via IBAN transfer.