[geo-discuss] Texts adopted by Parliament: INSPIRE

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Thu Jun 15 12:14:34 BST 2006

Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> [060615]:
> Thanks Markus,
>
> A quick look through seems to indicate the text was amended as the ENVI
> committee had recommended and that most of the really bad stuff from the
> Council version was taken out (see examples below) so three cheers for
> the Parliament (and the Commission!).
>
> At this point the whole thing will move into conciliation prior to 3rd
> Reading and so we'll need to keep track of what deals are being brokered
> between the Council and the Parliament.

Better, send an email to all our signatories asking them to take action
like:

1. Email and call their responsible minister (do we have a list?) and
ask them if they support the amendment 21 and 27?

2. If they answer negatively, call an MP and ask them to put an urgent
question to the Minister.

I will start today contacting my minister and one MP.