[geo-discuss] Texts adopted by Parliament: INSPIRE

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jun 15 11:38:01 UTC 2006

Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> [060615]:
[snip]
>>At this point the whole thing will move into conciliation prior to 3rd
>>Reading and so we'll need to keep track of what deals are being brokered
>>between the Council and the Parliament.
>

> Better, send an email to all our signatories asking them to take action
> like:

I don't think we necessarily want to email all 5500 signatories. Rather
we want one person per country to volunteer to do this. See below.

So far we have:
   UK: Rufus Pollock
   FR: Benjamin Henrion
   ES: ...
   DE: ...
   IT: ...

If you are willing to take one country please mail the list and/or enter
this on:

   http://www.publicgeodata.org/ContactYourEnvironmentDepartment

> 1. Email and call their responsible minister (do we have a list?) and
> ask them if they support the amendment 21 and 27?

We don't have this for most countries. The wiki page for this is:

http://www.publicgeodata.org/ContactYourEnvironmentDepartment

> 2. If they answer negatively, call an MP and ask them to put an urgent
> question to the Minister.

I've already contacted the UK agency (DEFRA) and the basic response was:
   * the UK government position isn't going to change from what it was
previously
   * Cost recovery and public sector information issues are dealt with
by the Treasury and we should contact them (I was given contact details
for the person in the treasury who deals with this are)

This is something we should now follow up.

> I will start today contacting my minister and one MP.

Great.

Regards,

Rufus