[geo-discuss] contacts for national environment ministers

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Mon Jun 26 11:51:11 UTC 2006

Mikel Maron wrote:
> That can be a fun challenge. I pulled out a couple email addresses from http://www.pops.int/documents/meetings/cop_1/meetingdocs/en/inf_32/inf_32.pdf
> -mikel

Hey,
the German federal environmental portal uses standardized Open Source
software to disseminates spatial data as WMS without access
restrictions. It does not know a lot yet (there is little data in it)
but it feels like going into the right direction ...or rather left
direction? Whatever, its going somewhere and the people operating the
site are interested in collaborating (sure - thats not the
decision-makers but the doers but sometimes thats even better).

http://www.portalu.de/

Hopefully we will be able to set up a library of freely available WMS at
OSGeo.org soon as there are quite a lot out there but nobody knows about
them.

Regards, Arnulf.