[geo-discuss] Fw: [OSM-talk] Italian Openstreetmap

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Mar 13 12:18:07 UTC 2006

dear Richard,

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:31:05PM +0000, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> I was going to reply to this, but my reply went on for such interminable length
> that I thought I'd do better to blog it instead:
>
>    http://www.systemed.net/blog/entry060311122655.html

this was really thought-provoking, thankyou. i think you're
overstating the "viral" licensing problem case, where works that are spatially
annotated against a free source of geodata become derived and
therefore "infected"... but i enjoyed the LPGL and collective
licensing recommendations at the end.

As we're working through the blogosphere, i made this response:
http://mappinghacks.com/2006/03/11/sharealike-considered-harmful-for-geodata/
this is more of a commentary really, incorporating some comments on a
ShareAlike model being a good fit for public information, if not all geodata.

jo