[geo-discuss] Interview with rapporteur and shadows?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu May 11 08:08:26 UTC 2006

Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I wanted to make an interview with the rapporteur Brepoels soon (and
> other shadows Greens and PSE).
>
> Would be great if you could submit questions relevant for the interview.

At the start you might want to give them some quick background:
   * Congratulate them on the package they passed in committee
   * Reiterate our position and the amendments that matter most to us
(summarized in http://publicgeodata.org/files/inspire_open_letter.pdf)
   * Mention that we now have over 5000 signatures to the petition

Qu 1: Confirm the timeline for the vote

Qu 2: Have they been lobbied by anyone specific recently

Qu 3: Have they been talking with the Council of Ministers and if so
what was the situation

Qu 4: Ask if they are still going to support their package from
committee in plenary (and more specifically are they going to support
the key amendments we care about).

Regards,

Rufus