[geo-discuss] Free geo-data: what next?

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Tue Nov 28 00:05:47 UTC 2006

On 11/28/06, Jo Walsh <jo at frot.org> wrote:
> dear Dan, Malte, all,
>
> On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 12:15:33PM +0100, Malte Halbey-Martin wrote:
> > unfree geodata are unacceptable for me!
> > So, can we do soemthing about it anymore or do we have to resign?
>
> No-one has to resign themselves to anything :) As Rufus pointed out,
> INSPIRE has yet to be transposed into national law; there will be
> opportunities to affect legislation there, and to connect with local
> agencies using and producing geodata ...

I am not sure you have some freedom to change something during the
implementation.

But what should be done from now is to start national petitions in
order to ask governments to abolish their stupid crown copyright
policy.

Citizens should be able to get their data back.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403