[geo-discuss] howto access the petition db?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Sep 12 17:17:41 UTC 2006

dear Benjamin,
On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 05:36:41PM +0200, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> One idea on how to find people to translate the Open Letter is to find
> people ho signed the petition and who speaks the languages which are
> missing (http://publicgeodata.org/Open_Letter_Third_Reading).
>
> Do you know howto have the list of email adresses that matches the
> missing languages? Jo, Rufus?
I can dump this out with a quick SQL select and produce half a dozen
files, one per country, of addresses who have said it is okay to
contact them. Can you draft a quick one-paragraph mail asking for
assistance, providing instructions (one thing to avoid is duplication
of work - people should create a wiki page *before* they start.)

In the meantime, I think it's worthwhile to send a written letter in
English, we can always send an email/fax followup in local language
later. And ekk, we'd need to have volunteers to explain the responses.

Malte has kindly taken on a lot of the contacting this week; I'm
running around at FOSS4G all week but can do bits of systems stuff.

cheers,

jo