[geo-discuss] Fw: INSPIRE Draft Implementing Rules for Metadata open for public consultation.

Piergiorgio Cipriano pg.cipriano at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 13:00:13 UTC 2007

Did you have a look at
those<http://inspire.jrc.it/public_consultations/metadata/metadataReference.cfm>docs?
Here some differences between Draft2 and Draft3:

   1. draft 3 has been produced by EC (on the base of DT document [draft
   2] and +1200
comments<http://inspire.jrc.it/reports/ImplementingRules/metadata/INSPIRE_metadata_IR_draft_comments_1st_round.zip>received
   2. draft 3 aims to be The Implementing Rule itself: it just contains
   mandatory elements
   3. annexes included in draft2 are / will be informative
   4. there is not the distinction (draft2) between "discovery",
   "evaluation" and "use"
   5. there is not the distiction (draft2) between Level1 and Level2: now
   we have two list of elements, the first for "dataset and series metadata",
   the second for "service metadata"
   6. elements derive from EN ISO 19115 and EN ISO 19119
   7. two new codelist have been added:
      - IR_ServiceClassificationCode contains a more detailed taxonomy
      for ServiceType
      - IR_ConformityDegreeCode, contains values for "conformity
      degree"

One interesting topic: now Conditions applying to access and use contains
also "fees" element (299 fees).

pg

--
Piergiorgio Cipriano