[geo-discuss] proposed merging of this list with OSGeo's geodata list.

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sun May 24 14:14:49 UTC 2009

dear all,

This mailing list has had its day, perhaps. Some people think that the
"struggle for geodata"
is coming to a fruitful end soon, at least in the context of the UK. I
find that geodata
discussion has quietly drifted across to the main okfn-discuss list.

Meanwhile there is another community list which has significant
overlap with this one,
the geodata list at the Open Source Geospatial Foundation. It is also
fairly quiet,
it is a bit more focused on getting access to specific data sets and
less on "policy".

So (a while) after some nudging on the subject I am proposing to close
this list,
mirror the archives and send the membership an invite mail to
geodata at lists.osgeo.org

Let me know if you object, otherwise I'll do it late this week.

cheers,

jo