[humanities-dev] Rendering *lots* of annotations

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Thu Apr 12 14:46:02 UTC 2012

Hi Christian,

You highlight an important point.

Tom can correct me if I am wrong, but the idea is that by default a 'clean'
text is displayed.

You are then told how many annotations there are for a given section and
toggle the annotations on and off -- even choosing to just display the
annotations of a particular user (and eventually group).

Tom's recent mock-up shows some of these details:
http://textusproject.org/2012/04/10/annotations-mock-up/

This avoids the problem of being overloaded with annotations when you are
reading.

I think what Tom is trying to show here is that the system he has developed
so far can actually cope with lots of overlapping annotations something
that has been problematic for the Annotator.

Sam

Sam Leon
Community Coordinator
Open Knowledge Foundation