[humanities-dev] Textus Metadata

Tom Oinn tom.oinn at okfn.org
Wed Apr 25 12:05:39 UTC 2012

I've been looking around for current metadata schemes for texts, the
NCBI/NLM have a fairly comprehensive set of XML forms for data and
metadata in books defined at http://dtd.nlm.nih.gov/book/tag-library/
and after having a look I'm inclined to take at least some of its
elements and use a JSONified version in Textus.

Textus has an extensible model for semantic annotations and structure
indicators but we need a base set (we're calling this the 'textus
basic profile') and the above seems like a good option. Anyone have
any experience with it?

Tom

--
Tom Oinn
+44 (0) 20 8123 5142 or Skype ID 'tomoinn'