[humanities-dev] Letters data into Textus

Tom Oinn tom.oinn at okfn.org
Fri Feb 17 08:59:07 UTC 2012

Hi Iain,

We don't have a data format for importing yet - is there an example of
what you currently have available somewhere? The model we're using for
underlying storage is a text with markup held separately, so there's
no 'native' format for text + markup + annotations, if that makes
sense. Obviously we'll need such a thing for export and import to and
from sources which can understand it, so your experience thus far will
be very helpful on that front.

As we were discussing in the telcon the other night we want Textus to
be applicable, ultimately, to data sets like those held in
opencorrespondance etc.

Cheers,

Tom