[humanities-dev] OCRing text

iain emsley iain_emsley at austgate.co.uk
Sun Feb 19 12:29:07 UTC 2012

Todd,

I've stayed away from ocropus so far because the build process just
seems unnecessarily tortuous. Time to dive in!

My sense is that it uses Tesseract as underlying engine so it copes with
some of the language issues. This version appears to be under some heavy
development to make it more Python based and less reliant on C++ so
perhaps this will make it easier in future releases.

I'll probably dive into it soon enough and give it a go.

Iain