[humanities-dev] Federated ID for TEXTUS

Christian Morbidoni christian.morbidoni at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:26:48 UTC 2012

In my experience logging with OpenId is very easy, given that the user
has a gmail, yahoo or other OpenId providers (which I guess is the 99
percents of the cases...isn't it?).
This is how we implemented it in SemLib, give it a try:
http://metasound.dibet.univpm.it/release_bot/release/semlib-client_0.5-what_hump/examples/authors_index.html
Well at least is seems easy to me...do you think such a workflow would
confuse the user?
I'm a big fun of this solution as it does not require your server to
store passwords and so on, thus making things easier for developers.

However this BrowserId that has been mentioned, which I didn't know
about honestly, looks even better at a first glance. In my
understanding the major advantage is that the user does not have to
automatically login to the provider (say google) when she logs in to
the website (say OpenPhilosophy). What I'm wondering is if practically
implementing in would be as easy as with OpenId, in terns of libraries
support for example...

best,

Christian