[humanities-dev] PyBossa and its application in the Digital Humanities

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Thu Jul 5 13:05:29 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

I realised that this list missed out on news about one of our most
interesting projects that got an Alpha release a couple of weeks back.

It's called PyBossa <http://pybossa.com/> and it's basically a
crowd-sourcing and micro-tasking platform. Please read more about it
on the OKFN
blog<http://blog.okfn.org/2012/06/08/introducing-pybossa-the-open-source-micro-tasking-platform/>
.

I wanted to give this list a quick heads up as I'm sure there a lots of
apps people might want to build for humanities work particularly for
transcription and translation work. We're already cooking up a few and I'll
hit this list again when we have more results. Would be great to see what
people on the list could hack out in a couple of hours or at a hackday they
attend, it's amazingly simple to produce something quite impressive!

Cheers,
Sam

--
Sam Leon