[humanities-dev] beta.openphilosophy.org up but prone to stumbling, may be drunk

Tom Oinn tom.oinn at okfn.org
Mon Jun 11 18:23:52 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We have a new version of textus on beta.openphilosophy.org but there's
something causing it to crash in a 'make the server go away now'
fashion from time to time. I've enabled logging so will hopefully work
out why (it doesn't do this on any of my machines but the test machine
is running a somewhat different software stack), but in the meantime
if it crashes, you want to restart it and have access to
s023.okserver.org you can do:

cd /home/okfn/var/srvc/beta.openphilosophy.org/textus/src
../../node/out/Release/node server.js -t 9234 -p 8087 >> ../textus.log.txt &

That will bring the front-end server back up, the problem appears to
be there rather than the ElasticSearch data store (so we're not losing
information when this happens). Odds are there's some operation which
I never tweaked on my installation here and hopefully the logs will
show this. It's almost certainly something trivial, or because I had
to build node.js from source and did something daft...

--
Tom Oinn
+44 (0) 20 8123 5142 or Skype ID 'tomoinn'