[humanities-dev] TEXTUS import questions

David Chiles dwalterc at gmail.com
Thu May 24 21:10:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm new to this list and to TEXTUS as well. I'm working with a large collection of works and annotations that I want to import into a local TEXTUS instance.

Right now each work is split up into multiple HTML documents by chapter, section, book,  … and each one has normal HTML markup. The annotations are all, in the TEXTUS terms, "textus:comment". Currently the location of the annotation is stored as an xPath and character offset for the start and end. As well, the original quoted text is known.

I've looked over the json_import_format from the github page and from what I gather all the HTML tags would have to be stripped from the documents and put into typography. Then for the annotations all the character offsets would need to be converted into overall offset for the entire document.

Also I wasn't clear on how the import file was actually imported once the json file was created.

Any feedback or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David Chiles