[humanities-dev] Tragedy on OpenShakespeare.org

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Tue Nov 20 16:26:10 UTC 2012

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to you about this. We've been
trying to figure out what on earth has happened. It turns out that this is
a problem with Bonsai - a Heroku 3rd party component used by the Annotator.

Now we've worked out the problem, I'll get in touch with Nick S to see if
he can restore the annotations.

All the best,
Sam

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Andrew - FinalsClub.org <
andrew at finalsclub.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> For the past week or more, OpenShakespeare.org has been experiencing some
> database issues that prevent the store from serving any of our 4,000
> annotations on the various plays.  Has someone been hacking on the
> production server lately?
>
> Is there any chance a member of the OKFN could help fix the site and
> restore that content?  Many of us worked quite hard to get all those
> annotations online.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Sam Leon