[humanities-dev] Extracting Texts from Wikisource

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Oct 3 18:58:54 UTC 2012

Keep dreaming please, that sounds great. :-)

I'm not sure if this is relevant but Rufus wrote a script for Gutenberg
that he was thinking of turning into a web service a while back (to put in
a URL and spit out plain, reformatted texts, with Gutenberg bumpf stripped
out).

https://github.com/okfn/gutenizer

J.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Etienne Posthumus <eposthumus at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Sam
>
> You're welcome. I was thinking that it would also be interesting to
> turn this into a little service running on Heroku or AppEngine or
> whatnot, that would do the conversion. One could then make a
> Javascript Bookmarklet to call the service for a given Wikisource page
> that you are on.
>
> ...just dreaming on here.

Jonathan Gray

Head of Community