[humanities-dev] Book scanning

Iain Emsley iain_emsley at austgate.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 10:09:25 UTC 2012

Sam,

Thanks for the invite to the Cultural Commons meeting. Thought provoking
stuff indeed. I was thinking yesterday and over this morning about the
Digitisation Project which the Open Rights Group have started. We've
discussed our own book scanner and crowd sourcing on the list but not
got too far with it as far as I can tell. (If I am wrong, please let me
know - I know I've got some things running but not in releasable state.)
Is it worth throwing any effort that we have towards
http://opendigitisation.org/ and getting involved there rather than
re-invent the wheel? Javier seems to have a really good idea about what
is involved at various levels.

Just a thought.

Iain