[iai-discuss] open standards page

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Feb 26 19:11:08 PST 2002

Graham Seaman wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just wrote an introductory page on open standards related to government
> software, if anyone would like to comment:
> http://open.egov.org.uk/Open_Standards

Have read your summary and definition and it seems to me a very satisfactory
one. It would be useful to have an idea of what other definitions are out
there (particularly the 'false' ones). The central principal are:

	you should be able to implement it with F/OSS

Which means:
	* royalty free
	* no other non-free conditions on distribution, re-use etc

I will look to include your discussion as soon as possible into criteria for
labelling a format open in the registry.

Regards,

Rufus