[iai-discuss] NYC IxDA Event: WireFARM 2006, April 13th @ 6:30 pm

Nasir Barday nbarday at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 21:54:57 GMT 2006

NYC IxDA IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE
WireFARM 2006

Come to WireFARM '06 and share your prototyping techniques!
Interaction Designers use many tools to mock-up user interfaces,
including paper and pencil, PowerPoint, Visio, Dreamweaver, Photoshop,
and Fireworks. We also tend to grow our own techniques, and rarely
have a chance to share them.

We will feature five 10-minute presentations from local designers,
each showing off current best practices in prototyping. We also hope
to bring in a surprise guest to preview some very cool next-generation
tools. We are looking for presenters! If you are interested in giving
a short (10-minute) presentation on your techniques, please e-mail a
short proposal to nyc at ixda.org. Please include the tool you intend to
use and the type of prototype you would like to demonstrate.

EVENT DETAILS
When: Thursday, April 13th, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Where:
   Parsons Design Lab
   55 W. 13th St. on the 9th Floor
   (map info: http://tinyurl.com/b26u2 )
Getting There:
   F, V, L at 14th & 6th Ave.
   N, Q, R, W, 4, 5,6, or L at 14th & Broadway

COST
Free (If you'd like to donate to IxDA to help grow the organization
so we can have more great events, you may do so at
http://www.ixda.org.)

RSVP
We have about 50 spaces available for this event, so to secure your
space, please RSVP to nyc (at) ixda (dot) org with your name and
email address. If you are bringing guests, please send us each
guests' name and email address so that we can email them as well.

ABOUT IxDA
The Interaction Design Association (IxDA) is a non-profit
professional organization whose focus is promoting both the field of
interaction design and the interests of an international community of
practitioners, managers, educators, and students of interaction
design. Our organization's goals are to:

- Communicate the unique perspective that interaction design brings
to both industry and the broader design community
- Promote awareness of the discipline, craft, and value of
interaction design among business leaders, academia, consumers, and
our colleagues
- Advance the discipline of interaction design by encouraging the
adoption of innovative methods
- Encourage and recommend high standards of practice among
interaction design professionals
- Help establish standards for academic programs in interaction design
- Develop an active, close-knit community of interaction design
professionals worldwide

For more information about IxDA, or if you are interested in getting
involved, contact us at nyc (at) ixda (dot) org or visit our web site
at http://www.ixda.org.