[iRail] Mobile application wiki page.

Christophe Versieux christophe.versieux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 19:08:56 UTC 2010

You were right, this discussion should be on the mailing list.

Tim: yes of course, that was just the idea to have a common structure.
Every application should be accorded to the native-looking UI.
I was just trying to avoid having an iPhone application that would be
blue with big icons, an Android with green icons and menus and totally
different features than the Windows Mobile application that would be
orange with no icons and only text.

I know that every OS has his own guidelines, but the user coming from
Blackberry should recognize immediatly the Bada application.

Christophe

Tim Besard:

    How "common" do we want the UI's to be? I think it's best only to have
    a common "application structure", while still allowing each app to
    implement a native-looking UI.

    Tim

    P.S.: shouldn't we have these discussions on the mailing list?

Pieter Colpaert:

    Maybe it's a better idea to move this conversation to the mailinglist?

    Just tell them to read that ;-) I hate mails with a lot of participants
    because I cannot file those in my mailclient and then I will have even
    more email that I can't oversee :p

    Thanks!

    Pieter

Christophe Versieux:

    Hello all dev's,

    Pieter created a wiki page for mobile application description and
    guidelines:
    http://project.irail.be/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi/wiki/UserInterfaceGuidelines

    I begin with the presentation of all apps and name of the
    developers, please add people if I forgot someone. ( the other
    iPhone guys?)

    I writed a first quick draft and taken the current UI as reference.
    Maybe you won't like the UI. That's not definitive but a first idea.
    I hope to finish this page next week.

    All graphics ressources can be found in my Android project and feel
    free to improve it or grab them for your application!
    Still looking for icons, ressources, buttons, etc.

    As you can see, there are still some big issues ( black screen on
    some pages and white on other) and I am working hardly on it but I
    have not the best "designer" skills.

    *A common UI is something that I really would like to see.* I don't
    want the current one to be reference but that's better than nothing.

    Feel free to add stuf, ideas, screenshots, etc...

    See you.

    Christophe